TALENTED AUSSIE SINGER / SONGWRITER / MUSICIAN ANDREW DE SILVA RELEASES NEW SINGLE ‘HEY NOW’
TITLE: HEY NOW
ARTIST: ANDREW DE SILVA
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 17, 2019
LABEL: BELIEVE ENTERTAINMENT
- Andrew De Silva is a well respected & talented Australian Singer / Songwriter / Musician & Producer
- A band Member of the iconic 90s R&B & Funk Group, ARIA Award winning: CDB (recently celebrating ’25 Years of ‘Let’s Groove’)
- Let’s Groove – CDB – Highest Selling Single of 1995 ARIA winners
- The creator of ‘Purple Revolution’ Prince Tribute Band
- Was lead vocalist of classic Aussie Band ‘Boom Crash Opera’ (From 2016 to 2019)
- Andrew has supported Artists such as: Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Shaggy, Keith Sweat, Teddy Riley, Tina Arena, K-Ci & JoJo,
- Andrew played lead role in the production: ‘Let’s Get It On’ (The Life & Music of Marvin Gaye)
- Andrew is currently on tour as part of the George Michael: ‘Listen to Your Heart’ Shows
- Australia’s Got Talent 2012 Winner
“‘Hey Now’ is a song to the free spirit. A track that screams ‘Summer,’ driving with the windows down and following your dreams. For the one taking a chance, leaving home and doing things their own way, despite what the world is telling them to do, which can sometimes lead to a lonely place. So be a free ‘lonely child’ it’s a good day to be alive!” – Andrew De Silva
About Andrew De Silva:
Whether you know him as the Winner of Australia’s Got Talent 2012, or from the Multi-Platinum ARIA Award-Winning band CDB, or simply heard him sing with his acoustic guitar, well respected Producer / Artist Andrew is the “real deal.”
Humble, yet with a wealth of experience in the industry, Andrew is a seasoned performer. Opening for mega stars like Mariah Carey (Etihad Stadium 2013) Boyz II Men (2012) and for Shaggy – during his National tour (2015). Andrew’s voice & musicianship has been always likened to Prince which led him to put together a band ‘The Purple Revolution’ a tribute to the diminutive star which reviews have pegged as “one of the best going around.” Never confined to one genre, Andrew was also the lead singer of Boom Crash Opera til mid 2019. Andrew’s versatility also saw him play the lead role in the hit production: ‘Let’s Get It On’ (The Life & Music of Marvin Gaye) – Andrew seems to have done it all & his live shows are not to be missed.
Andrew is without a doubt an ‘all-rounder’ – Musician/Singer/Writer/Producer. Not satisfied with only the stage, Andrew is a master in the studio, making hit music & collaborating with other well-known Artists. His talents have taken him behind-the-scenes, as part of production on major TV Shows such as ‘X Factor’ and the Australian Film – ‘Terminus.’
Andrew is constantly creating. His original music resonates spiritual and creative flair that showcases his voice & production/mixing skills. His sound stems from his in depth understanding of song writing and what it is to be current.
You can catch Andrew de Silva performing as part of the George Michael ‘Listen to Your Heart’ show this week! A symphonic journey hosted by John Foreman OAM with a 30 piece Orchestra and an ensemble cast of Australian singing stars including: Hugh Sheridan, Rob Mills, Andrew De Silva, Prinnie Stevens, Bobby Fox – with Sheldon Riley & Chriddy Black.
The concert will feature a selection of George Michael’s chart-toppers from Careless Whisper, through to Faith, Father Figure, to Praying for Time, Wham’s Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, to the 90s hit Freedom.
For more info, go to: