If you’re like me, you’re very particular about your whiteboards and pin boards. There’s nothing worse than a whiteboard that can’t be cleaned quickly or a pin board that crumbles to pieces within weeks! You may also feel overwhelmed by the huge number of products available that all seem pretty similar. So what should you look for when buying your whiteboard or pin board? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Surface – Probably the first thing you want to consider! There are many surfaces to choose from depending on your preferences and needs, including magnetic, melamine dry wipe and vitreous enamel steel. Melamine is your basic magnetic whiteboard and magnetic is similar, but with the ability to stick memos and notes to the surface with magnets (I find this so useful!). Vitreous enamel steel is more expensive, but of fantastic quality. It often comes with a 25-year warranty, so this can often be absolutely worth it. Pick what works for you.
- Fixings – It’s important to be able to securely fasten your whiteboard or pin board to the wall. Corner fixings and rail systems a generally best – don’t hang your board up like a photo frame! Check with your workplace WHS Officer for safety regulations that apply.
- Frame – It’s good to check that you’re getting a good quality frame. aluminium frames are the most common (and best) option for a magnetic whiteboard like these on Office Corporate, but be careful that you’re not getting a plastic frame painted to look like aluminium. This will break easily. Pin boards are similar – stick to wood or aluminium frames.
- Quality material – This is particularly crucial when you’re buying pin boards from an online shop. Low-quality cork will crumble and disintegrate, making a mess and weakening the board. It’s also a good idea to check whether the board is fire-rated; this is vital if you’re displaying it in a public building.
- Size – It seems obvious, but make sure you measure the space where you want to hang your whiteboard or pin board. You’d be surprised at how many people just eyeball it and end up with the wrong product. Grab that measuring tape and be as accurate as possible. Having the right size board will help your office space feel orderly and put together, and hopefully increase productivity!
- Style – This is another important consideration. You want your new board to fit in with the style and vibe of your office space. Do you want a corporate, classic look but are on a budget? Go with the white melamine and aluminium frame. Is your company style fun, fresh and innovative? Consider a coloured magnetic whiteboard with a pin board attached. The possibilities are endless!
- Fabric or Cork board – You can choose between two different categories, either cork or fabric, the cork board on the surface is one of the oldest types that has been around in the notice board industries, you can put a needle into it but it will leave a mark, otherwise you can buy the fabric ones.
There’s a lot to consider, right? It can feel quite overwhelming. However, there are plenty of places online that provide fantastic, high-quality whiteboards and pin boards that can fit your exact specifications. We’ve made a list of the best places to look online for all your whiteboard and pin board needs. Check out the links below!