Applying for a PR or other types of visas might seem quite straightforward, however, there is more to it than simply filling up the form. It is also necessary to submit several documents and ensure you do not get anything wrong. It is best to contact professionals for help with this type of application. The experts have appropriate experience and can help navigate you through the application process providing essential support all along the way.
It is best to contact an immigration lawyer instead of a migration agent since a lawyer is someone who has full knowledge of the legal proceedings pertaining to this subject and can help in more ways. It is quite understandable that you do not know where to start when looking for an immigration lawyer. This article provides several tips to help you find the best immigration lawyer in Melbourne.
Tips to find migration lawyers in Melbourne
- Avoid selecting a lawyer blindly since many lawyers offer such a service also without much experience. It might also happen that immigration services are not their main concern hence they wouldn’t be able to devote much time to this.
- High charges don’t always mean good services. Some of the large law firms might charge high on the basis of their portfolio of clients however they might not have a dedicated set of lawyers to help you with your case.
- It is a good practice to talk to your friends and relatives who might have gone through a similar process.
- Always ask for references prior to hiring a lawyer and talk to their previous clients if you need to get more information about their case.
- It is important to be aware that while some law firms charge by the hour, others will have a fixed fee.
- Ensure you are comfortable with the lawyer you select and that you can communicate well with them. They must have good English skills since if your documents are not in English, you might need them to be translated accurately.
- It is a good idea to build a good relationship with your lawyer. This way they can understand you better and also help you in a better way.
Benefits of contacting a lawyer for immigration advice in Melbourne
- This is a good way to reduce the chances of rejection.
- You can be sure that you have addressed all relevant requirements and are eligible to apply for the visa.
- There is also close scrutiny of your character and health; this is something that a lawyer can help you with as well.
- They can ensure you do not make any mistakes while submitting the skills assessment or English language documents.
Migrating to a new country is a major life-changing decision. By obtaining permanent residency in Australia you can study and work freely. It is also possible for you to live safely with your family. The Australian Immigration department does provide a good set of instructions on how to apply for your migration visa however this can be tricky and missing out on important documents can mean unnecessary delay. A minor mistake on the application form can also land you in a lot of trouble resulting in multiple visits to the immigration centre. On the other hand, those seeking a migration visa in Australia should consult immigration lawyers in Melbourne to ensure the application process is smoother and swifter. This can also help save you a great deal of time and effort.