When we consider the kitchen sinks, every house owner need is to have the granite sinks. These sinks look good and come with higher durability as compared to other sinks. They are manufactured in such a way that can last for a longer duration.
Granite-made sinks are the best outcome of advanced technology that uses the composition of natural quartz and granite. Although this sink has additional material, natural quartz, the name was given to it is due to the high percentage of granite in the composition. About 80% is of granite and hence the name is justified.
Properties Of Granite Sinks
- They are resistant to scratch.
- They are resistant to high temperature.
- They are resistant to stains.
- They are made up of eco-friendly materials.
These sinks are available in various colors but the most populous and trending among the house owners are the black, brown and white sinks. You can find granite sinks in various shapes, styles, and sizes. Select top mount or under-mount sinks that come with adaptable fixtures to obtain more benefits. This helps to reduce the splashing and thus you don’t need to clean it all the time. In case you have a modern interior home, you can use double sinks for performing multi-tasks.
Benefits Of Using Granite Sinks
The greatest benefits of using granite sinks are their tremendous durability and adaptability. They come with a variety of colors, veining, designs, and patterns that can suit your kitchen and bathrooms. Sinks that are made up of granite are known to be adaptable and all-round as they can be used anywhere such as in kitchens, bathrooms, outdoors, etc., without having the worries of rusting.
Moreover, they are very tough, hard to break, scratch resistant, stain resistant as heat resistant as well. They cannot be damaged under harsh environmental conditions.
How To Clean Granite Sinks?
Granite sinks add elegance to your kitchen and bathrooms. They are very attractive and beautiful. Although these sinks are less stainable, then also you need to take proper care of them by cleaning them regularly to maintain the elegant look. Here are some tips provided to you for the easy cleaning of the sinks:
- The first and foremost thing is arranging a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Dip that sponge or cloth in a bowl of water and then squeeze the extra water.
- Secondly, add few drops of mild liquid soap to the wet and squeezed sponge or cloth. Squeeze it softly to create foam.
- In the third step, rub the sink thoroughly by using the foamy sponge or cloth. Extra care and attention must be paid to dirty areas such as near the drain and faucet. Rub the surface of the sink to remove the dirt completely from such areas where dirt accumulates generally.
- Rinse the sponge or cloth to remove the dirt and then squeeze it. Now wipe the sink with the squeezed sponge or cloth. Clean it under the running water and repeat this step till all the dirt and foam gets cleaned from the surface of the sink.
- Fifth and the last step, take one dry and a soft cloth to wipe the surface of the sink.
You can keep your granite made sinks beautiful and attractive years after years. So what are you waiting for, get your own granite sink now!
Granite sinks are costlier as compared to other metal or stainless steel sinks but they are far better when it comes to durability and adaptability. Hence if you are planning to buy a kitchen sink then you must definitely go for it.