With all the time spent working from home recently thanks to the pandemic, you might have noticed that there are a lot more odd jobs that need to be done around the house than you really thought. The best option you have for fixing the place if you are not skilled in DIY or do not have the time is to find a great tradie near me. Using a local tradie makes a lot of sense for many reasons, some to your benefit and some to the benefit of your community. Here is a closer look at why it makes sense to hire a local tradie for your needs.
Nine reasons to use local tradespeople
- When a tradie is local it means they are physically closer to you. They can get to you quickly to complete the job sooner.
- Being physically closer also means if there is any kind of emergency that you need them for, a leak, a lack of power, a burst pipe, then they can get to you far more quickly than a tradesperson travelling in from somewhere else. This means less chance of expensive damage happening.
- A local knows the area, the local regulations, the building types and so on.
- The chance of bumping into clients while they are going about their own life means they are far more likely to do a good job!
- You can meet people in your community, and they might be able to connect you to other local tradies should you need someone in a different field.
- You will be more able to find a tradie near me based on recommendations and word of mouth. You can learn a lot from neighbours and friends in the area about tradies they have used, who they would use again and who they would not. Their knowledge is not from just a website and marketing efforts, it is from real experience. Over 90% of people believe recommendations from people they know over adverts.
- Hiring locally means it is easier to keep them accountable, finishing on time and on budget. A tradesperson that is part of the community is less likely to run away with people’s money or leave work unfinished.
- Using local tradies means you are doing your part for the local economy which is good for you and your community. You are supporting smaller businesses so they can stay in business during these hard times. You are keeping your money cycling through your local economy which means not only can existing businesses keep going, new businesses have more of a chance, adding to the diversity of your community. With businesses also often working with local charities and schools, this benefits the community in that way too.
- It is one more way to help the environment too. When a local tradie near me takes the job they have less of a distance to travel so are using less fuel and leaving less carbon emissions behind.