There are many reasons why an individual might need Oral Surgery. However, it solely depends on the dentist whether or not he will recommend it depending on the gravity of the problem. People suffering from traumatizing toothache visit the dentist’s clinic for relief. If the dentist deems the problem to be beyond normal, he will ask you to undergo an X-ray which will help to spot the problem. Based on the results, he will decide if it can be cured by medicines or an Oral Surgery is required. If an Oral Surgery is there in the cards, you will need to pay 2-3 follow-up post-treatment visits to the dentist’s clinic.
What Are The Leading Reasons Of Oral Surgery?
An impacted or infected tooth is the primary reason. Likewise, the wisdom teeth that burst from the gum line exploiting the larger space in the jaw in an improper or diagonal way can cause pain. You won’t be really spared from an Oral surgery if the third molar also known as wisdom teeth is a rebel. Let us clarify it to you, when the third molar fails to emerge in a determined way, it can be a hostage inside the gum tissue trying hard to come out. The outward pressure that the third molar inflicts on the gum causes it to pain.
What Happens In Case Of Impacted Tooth?
Furthermore, if you have an impacted tooth, that is to say, a rotten one, it can contaminate the otherwise healthy tooth around. In both of the aforesaid cases, an Oral Surgery is more likely to be conducted for rooting out the pain. If it is the wisdom teeth that are causing you trouble, the dentist will use Anesthesia to numb the area and carry out the surgery where the gum tissues will be delicately slit for allowing the wisdom teeth to come out.
What Are The Other Conditions That Might Need An Oral Surgery?
- If you have previously met with an accident that leads to the fracture of your facial bones and muscles thereof, an Oral surgery might be needed to reverse it.
- If you have a deformed jaw that is a congenital problem, Oral surgery is the only way to go. This problem is pretty common, and this birth defect is repaired by Oral surgery.
- Earlier it was considered that only China and many other foreign countries were experts in oral and maxillofacial surgeries. But now, even in Asian countries, you find professional surgeons who can conduct the right dental surgery to take care of your teeth.
- Whether you have bearable sleep apnea or several, it can be really daunting for you. In such a situation, the UPPP or a specialized kind of Oral surgery will be conducted on your mouth as a means of cure. The problematic sites such as tonsils and soft palate are attempted during this surgery. Tongue related disorders too are corrected through this surgery.
- The most pressing concern, nowadays among people, regardless of age is a facial infection. While minor infections can be treated by medication, major ones will require surgery. The infected part of the inner part of your mouth will be cut away to stop the infection from spreading.
There are classifications of Oral surgery and Oral surgeons with specializations on different complex issues are trusted for conducting different kinds of surgeries. Oral surgery is the only way out when routine medical treatments seem to bear no fruitful result. After the surgery is done, it is also the work of the oral surgeon and the dental therapist to take care of your speech and food and water-related problems.