Finally, you got engaged! No doubt you have already received many congratulations and opened the champagne. Now is the time to step up a gear and prepare for the wedding itself! Are you feeling confused about wedding planning? Planning and preparing the right wedding arrangement and wedding furniture hire is a big challenge for the bride and groom. It requires not only creativity but also a sense of taste. It is worth remembering that the wedding should be arranged so that it is both beautiful and consistent with the whole wedding image. How to plan a wedding arrangement so that the final result meets these criteria?
Table of Content:
- Choose a theme
- What can be the leitmotif of a wedding?
- Plan the decor of the wedding hall
- A place for the bride and groom
- Arrangement of guests at the tables
- Methods of seating guests at tables
- Designation of seats for visitors
- Music and fun
- After the wedding
- Wedding arrangement in short:
The theme is a fairly new trend that has been borrowed from the style of organizing American weddings. Thanks to him, the ceremony seems to be more orderly and coherent and takes on an extraordinary character that will be remembered by the bride and groom and guests.
There is complete freedom in choosing the theme. Nevertheless, it should be an element characteristic of future spouses – referring to their life or personality.
Remember that choosing a theme at an early stage of planning a wedding will make it easier for you to decide on the organization of other elements, such as a wedding cake or car decorations.
Before you decide to choose a specific vision, it is worth establishing two issues:
- What is the nature of the wedding: traditional and official or maybe less formal, “casual”?
- What budget can you spend on the room decoration and other decorations?
The leitmotif of the wedding may be:
- The plant (flower, tree),
- Symbol (e.g. a shared passion, dream or place of knowledge),
- Wedding style (e.g. retro, fairy-tale or marine),
- Inspiration by the culture of a given country or region (e.g. Italy or India),
- Hero or scene from a movie or book,
- The elements,
As you can see, there are many options to choose from. Regardless of which theme will accompany your celebration, it should have the following features:
- Consequence: the chosen theme should appear at every stage and in all the more important elements of the wedding ceremony and reception,
- Legibility: guests of the Bride and Groom should easily read its symbolism,
- Appropriateness: the leitmotif should be within the limits of good taste, not to hurt personal, religious or ethnic feelings,
- Subtlety: it cannot overwhelm and dominate too much of the other elements of the wedding.
The decor of wedding halls is often included in the rental price. However, it may happen that the decoration offered it is not complete or that its elements (for example, wedding furniture, chair, covers or table decorations) do not suit you. If you intend to interfere with the decor proposed by the owner, inform him in advance (at least one month before the wedding) and agree whether your changes are possible at all.
During the wedding, the bride and groom occupy a special place in a strategic point of the room, which is visible from every part of it. The organization and decoration of the table for the newlyweds usually lies with the service of the wedding hall. The Bride and Groom must take care of the background, that is, what will be behind their backs when they are sitting at the table.
This is a very important element of planning a wedding furniture and requires careful thought. Proper seating of guests will provide them with comfort and fun throughout the ceremony. Before you start planning your seating arrangements, make a plan for the wedding hall, and find out about table arrangement options. Also, ask what type of tables are they (round or rectangular) and how many people can sit at them.
Now you can move on to the hardest part of this task: arranging individuals at the tables.
When planning the seating of guests, follow these rules:
- According to the rank: the immediate family should be next to the Bride and Groom: grandparents, parents, godparents, then: younger family members, extended family, friends, and acquaintances,
- According to the age criterion: placing guests in a similar age group next to each other promotes the integration of guests and increases the chances of finding topics for conversation,
- According to your interests: knowing your guests’ hobbies, professions or activities, you can seat them in such a way that they can talk on topics common to them,
- The principle of interweaving: a woman and a man sitting next to each other,
- Married couples are seated opposite each other (not next to each other)
- Brides are seated next to each other,
- People in conflict or divorce are not placed close to each other,
- Disabled and elderly people are seated away from narrow passages, close to the exit so that they can move freely or leave the room safely,
- For children, prepare a separate table with comfortable chairs adapted to their age and height.
There are two main methods of seating wedding guests:
It is used when tables are arranged in the shape of the letter T, U or V. The bride and groom then take their place in the middle of the table (the bride is always on the right side of the groom), and then:
- Next to the groom: mother of the groom, father of the groom, witness,
- Next to the Bride: father of the Bride, Mother of the Bride, witness.
In this version, it is often used to seat the Bride’s family next to the Groom and at the same time to seat the Groom’s family next to the Bride.
It is used when tables (usually round) are arranged in a distributed arrangement, without a specific pattern. The table of the bride and groom is then located opposite the main entrance, it can also be placed on a platform. It must be distinguished from other tables, but in such a way that the elements of the decor and chairs do not obstruct the view of the Bride and Groom.
It is a practical and common practice to place vignettes with the names of guests on the tables so that they can easily find their place. If you do not want to designate seats for guests, but only assign them to specific tables so that they can sit at them freely, mark the tables with numbers or symbols.
Then, before entering the room, post a table layout plan with appropriate markings, thanks to which guests will easily find their place. You, on the other hand, will avoid unnecessary confusion when entering the room.
In addition, witnesses should ensure that the guests get to their seats, pointing them to the appropriate table.
Music and fun are key elements of a successful wedding reception. Regardless of whether you decide on a band or a DJ, it is worth planning the course of the games and the repertoire well.
Also, do not forget to clean the room after the wedding. First of all, make sure that the borrowed items, such as wedding furniture, light curtain or covers, are returned intact and in the same quantity as they were delivered to the room. Agree in advance with the room’s staff at what hours the next day after the wedding the party to clean up the decorations may arrive. We are sure, this wedding furniture Hire checklist will really helpful to you in planning and organizing your wedding ceremony.
- Choose the theme or the form of the wedding.
- Plan the decor of the wedding hall.
- Plan the seating of guests at the tables.
- Mark places for guests.
- Organize music and games.