Doors are one of the most significant parts of your house that can drastically affect the aesthetic value and comfort level of your home. There are several types of doors available out there: some of the most common being collapsible doors, flush doors, louvered doors, and roller shutters. Out of these few, rolling shutters are the most popular. These are the door in which there are large size openings that offer optimum protection from theft, fire, rain, wind, and other such elements.
Roller Shutters are available in a variety of types, classified as per their construction material and operational style. Let us have a look.
Types Based on Material:
These doors can be made using several materials, including:
- MS Rolling Shutters: These shutters are made up of high-quality rods of steel that work on the principles of rollers. It can have perforated panels or grills to let air pass through or let you see through the door. These are easy to install, and they are weather resistant to stand well in tough conditions. All in all, they are cost-effective solutions for different types of applications and are also resistant to rust and corrosion. Thereby, having a long life up to several years.
- Aluminum: These roller shutters are designed using extruded sections of aluminum and are fabricated with the help of high-grade aluminum. You can install it as single wall doors or also as double-wall doors with insulation. These are lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and look good too. Apart from that, they are quiet to operate and require very little maintenance.
- Polycarbonate: If you desire transparency from any side of the door, then you can go for a polycarbonate roller shutter that is transparent in nature. In addition to that, they are also light in weight, provide maximum security, and extremely durable. A variety of safety and operational accessories can also be installed with these roller shutters to achieve an advanced level of operational convenience. However, one downside is that they are quite costlier than other roller shutter types.
Types Based on Operation:
There can be different types, based on how they are operated, including:
- Automatic Shutters: These are power-driven shutters that are fitted with a gearbox and an electric motor. These are available in different materials, including stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, and MS. You can find them to be economical and budget-friendly, and their closing and opening is quite hassle-free. That is why they are commonly seen in commercial establishments like retail stores, showrooms, etc. In case of power failure or other defects, they also have a manual system with which they can be released. They are easy to maintain, exceptionally durable, and are available in different sizes.
- Push-Pull Shutters: These shutters are appropriate for smaller openings where they can be easily pushed or pulled manually by hands.
- Mechanical Gear Type Shutters: These roller shutters are often installed in openings of larger sizes. They have a reduction gear, a winding handle, and a connecting rod for operation. Some of them also have a pulley blockchain for easier operation. They are durable and quite easy to maintain.
All in all, roller shutters are best to be used for big-size openings. They will efficiently keep your property protected from different kinds of adverse situations, including theft, burglary, and weather. The Shutters will be a great investment for all purposes.