Esent.dll is a kind of DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file, which was developed by Microsoft. It was initially developed on 25 October 2001 for Windows XP. The updated version for Windows 10 was released on 29 July 2015. Esent.dll comes with the software packages of Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Some of the games and applications need this file to work properly. It generally consists of a set of driver functions and procedures, which can be applied by Windows. If the esent.dll file goes missing, it may hurt the associated software. Here we are going to discuss how to solve the problem of missing esent.dll file.
Esent.dll Error Messages
Esent.dll is a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) and it is a guidebook that saves multiple instructions and information for executable files like sapisvr.exe. These files were developed to help the programs to share the same esent.dll file and saving important memory allocation. This would make your computer run efficiently. The DLL files are efficient and convenient; however, they are also vulnerable to problems. If anything happens to the shared DLL file, the file either gets corrupted or goes missing. It then generates a “runtime” error message. These errors occur when esent.dll attempted to load. It can happen when Windows is starting up or when it is already running. Some of the common esent.dll errors messages are mentioned below:
- Access Violation at address – esent.dll.
- Cannot register esent.dll.
- Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\esent.dll.
- Cannot start Windows. A required component is missing: esent.dll. Please install Windows again.
- The application has failed to start because esent.dll was not found.
- The file esent.dll is missing or corrupt.
Ways to Fix the esent.dll not found an error
We have mentioned some of the easy fixes here. They are easy to understand and follow. You can try any of the ways to fix the problem of esent.dll not found.
Download Esent.dll – esent.dll file download is one of the ways to fix the error. There are various websites where you can find multiple versions of esent.dll. You need to select the right file and click on the “download” link. You can select the correct version by observing the descriptions minutely. Check whether the file is 32-bit or 64-bit. Choose those DLL files whose language corresponds to the language of your program. If you do not know which version to download, you can take the help of experts. It is always recommended to download the latest version of DLL files. To repair the error, put the esent.dll file inside the game or application folder.
Fix the error automatically – You can repair the esent.dll error automatically with the WikiDll fixer. It will download the right version of esent.dll for you and suggest the correct directory to get it installed. It can even help you resolve other issues related to the esent.dll file. Steps to download WikiDll fixer are as follows:
- Download the app and get the automatic tool provided by WikiDll.
- Get the utility installed by following the instructions for installation.
- Finally, launch the program and fix the esent.dll errors.
Run System File Checker and restore corrupt esent.dll file – System File Checker is the utility that comes with every Windows version. It allows you to scan and restore the corrupted files. The whole procedure would take some time, therefore just be patient while it is working. You can follow the steps mentioned here to resolve the error:
- Click on the “Start” button of Windows
- Search “cmd” in the search box, but do not press “enter”
- Press and hold on to “ctrl+shift” and press “enter”
- You will get a permission dialog box. Just click on “yes”.
- A black screen would come up with a cursor blinking
- Type “sfc/scannow” on the black screen and press “enter”
- SFC would begin scanning for the issues related to esent.dll and other system problems.
- Follow the commands on-screen and complete the process.
You can choose any of the ways to resolve the issue. However, this is not an exhaustive list. You can find more ways on the internet. If nothing works, you would have to do a clean installation of the Windows operating system.