In the winter season, people need to heat their house so that they can keep themselves warm and stay safe from the effects of cold. There are many countries where cold season is there most of the year, and in such countries, the heating system is mandatory. There are many types of heating systems used in households and office spaces, and hydronic heating is one of them. Let us see about the working, features, benefits, and other aspects of this type of heating system.
How Hydronic System Works?
Hydronic heating system is a system that heats up a house with the help of heated water. The system heats up the room with the help of steam created from water due to heating. The system consists of several parts and components, with radiators being the most important for transferring heat in the air. These radiators have the capability of taking out the heat from the heated water and distribute it to the rooms. The steam is turned back into liquid and used again. Heated water is used in this system to heat a room or a house, with the idea being that steam is created in it and then it is spread all over the house to increase the temperature. There are many pipes installed in the machine that are used to spread the heat in different rooms.
Benefits of Hydronic Heating Systems
There are many benefits of installing a hydronic system for heating your house. Some of them are:
- Even heating: Hydronic heating systems can heat the home evenly in comparison to other systems like forced air systems. The temperature of various parts of the home is different, so people need to set the system accordingly. Hydronic does this setting automatically and distributes heat evenly throughout the house.
- Energy efficiency: Since hydronic systems use water for heat generation, they are much more energy-efficient than others, as a result of which energy bills remain low.
- Better heating: Hydronic systems have the capacity to transfer heat at a fast pace. However, there are many factors on which the efficiency of the system depends, including the age of the boiler, furnace, condition of the pipes, and many more.
- Low noise: This is an ideal system to be used in the households, as the noise is low in comparison to the ducted ones because of the absence of any fans or blowing air. This also helps in improving the quality of the air.
- Unique room heating: Hydronic heating systems provide the facility of changing the temperature for each room, as per the comfort level of each family member.
Drawbacks of Hydronic System
Apart from so many benefits of the hydronic system, there are certain drawbacks as well. We are mentioning them here so that you can make an informed decision. First of all, you need to know that the installation of this system is expensive than most other heating systems. Apart from that, their installation is also time-consuming, as there are many things that need to be set up in order to install the machine. Heat exchangers present in the machine have to be installed in different rooms, and plumbing may also be needed for the working of the system. Another drawback is that it can be used to heat the house only, and cannot serve the purpose of cooling down. So, you will need a separate AC system for cooling during summers.
All in all, hydronic heating system is very useful. Although the initial cost is high, it can serve the residents of a house for a long time and save money in the long run. The system can use either liquid water or steam to heat the house, and if you are using a chiller boiler with it, the system can be used for both heating and cooling.