“Is it time to legalise or decriminalise Drugs?”
Join ABC Radio talkback host Jon Faine as he hosts an expert panel of community leaders and public figures, for a dinner-table style discussion about drug policy.
- Derryn Hinch – Media personality, ex-politician and journalist
- Julian Burnside AO – QC, human rights lawyer and Greens candidate
- Laura Turner – A Current Affairs journalist and Odyssey House Ambassador
- Mick Palmer AO – Former Australian Federal Police Commissioner
- Fiona Patten – Politician and head of Parliamentary Cannabis Inquiry
- Greg Barns – Australian barrister, author, political commentator
Laura Turner, “A Current Affair” award-winning journalist will tell her story of personal loss due to the war on drugs.
Antony Loewenstein, the internationally bestselling author will speak about legalising and regulating drugs, the premise of his new book, Pills, Powder, and Smoke: Inside the Bloody War on Drugs.
There will also be an audience Q&A, book sales, book signing and information tables from Australia’s leading Alcohol and Other Drug NGOs, including the Alcohol and Drug Foundation, Victoria Street Drug Solutions, Odyssey House and many others.
Here’s what Johann Hari, Author of Chasing the Scream says about the book, “Antony Loewenstein is an amazing journalist. Anyone who cares about the war on drugs should read this book right away.”
Join us at the Town Hall for a fascinating insight into an urgent issue.
More information available on Drug Policy Australia website.