RELEASE DATE: 15 OCTOBER 2021
- DOUBLE PLATINUM ARTISTS (FROM BARDOT) RELEASE NEW DANCE / POP PROJECT: KA’BEL
- KATIE UNDERWOOD & BELINDA CHAPPLE TEAM UP WITH LA PRODUCER ST ENDS (AKA DYLAN BOWES)
- BARDOT BECAME THE FIRST GROUP EVER TO DEBUT AT #1 ON THE AUSTRALIAN CHARTS WITH BOTH THEIR FIRST SINGLE AND THEIR FIRST ALBUM
- BARDOT HAD SIX HIT SINGLES, DOUBLE PLATINUM (BARDOT) AND GOLD (PLAY IT LIKE THAT) ALBUMS
- BARDOT’S HIT SINGLES INCLUDE POISON, THESE DAYS, I SHOULD HAVE NEVER LET YOU GO, ASAP, I NEED SOMEBODY AND LOVE WILL FIND A WAY
- BARDOT TOURED NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY ACROSS: THE UK, INDIA, NEW ZEALAND AND ALL THROUGHOUT ASIA PACIFIC
- BARDOT CELEBRATED THEIR 20TH ANNIVERSARY IN 2020
- KATIE HAD HUGE SUCCESS WITH AUSTRALIAN DANCE ACT ‘DISCO MONTEGO’ WITH THE #1 CLUB HIT: ‘BEAUTIFUL’ FOR WHICH SHE WON AN APRA AWARD
- MOST RECENTLY KATIE WORKS AS A MEDITATION TEACHER, SOUND HEALER & MASSAGE THERAPIST
- BELINDA HAS BEEN ARTISTIC DIRECTOR AND PRODUCER ON NUMEROUS EVENTS IN TELEVISION AND LIVE ENTERTAINMENT, MANAGING SOME OF THE COUNTRIES BEST TALENT AND INTRODUCING THEM TO INTERNATIONAL MARKETS
- MOST RECENTLY BELINDA LIVED IN LONDON, SPAIN, SINGAPORE (BACK IN SYDNEY NOW) WHERE SHE RUNS HER OWN INTERIOR DESIGN BUSINESS ‘HOUSE OF CHAPPLE’ INTERIORS
Katie Underwood and Belinda Chapple were fellow bandmates in the successful Australian Girl Group: Bardot. Their mutual love of music (along with the recent success of the Bardot 2021 remixes and the recent nostalgia and love from the fans) led Katie and Belinda back into the studio, to create a new dance /pop anthem: ‘Broken Hearted.’ Both have a passion for dance music, especially a deep love and appreciation for 70s Disco.
‘Broken Hearted’ was produced by the talented up and coming LA producer Dylan Bowes (also known as St Ends). Belinda says: “I really enjoyed working with Dylan on ‘Broken Hearted’ to create a song that you really want to dance to, with beautiful strings and a cracking dance beat, Dylan is an incredible talent.”
In 2020 Bardot celebrated their 20th Anniversary. 20 years since the band shot to double-platinum album status, on the Australian music charts.
After the band disbanded in 2002, Katie and Belinda thought it was time to do what they love and give the fans what they want.