Because of their adaptability, rats and mice are persistent pests in Melbourne. In sheds, garages, gardens, and houses, they make themselves at home. Once they’ve settled, they’re notorious for causing property damage, posing a health risk to humans, and destroying local businesses. If you have an ongoing pest control programme, you can easily keep these public health pests under control while preventing the spread of disease.
Worried about rats?
A rodent’s excrement can carry diseases that humans can contract from it or by a bite. The bacteria can contaminate food and cause food poisoning in humans.
In addition, they shed their hair and leave their excrement all over the place. In addition, they carry fleas and ticks, which can be harmful to humans and animals. Pest Control Melbourne companies will help you get rid of their infestation.
This is how rodents spread diseases.
- Using their faeces
- Biting both humans and animals
- By contaminating foods
Aside from that, mice and other rodents can cause damage to property, including wood, particleboard, and insulation. Electric wiring can also be damaged by them.
Rats and mice are rodents that are very similar. When living in close proximity to other animals, especially humans, they can thrive. It could cost you a lot of money to get rid of them once they’ve settled in your house. Pest control in Ballarat should be undertaken in order to avoid the diseases.
Knowing the basics about rodents
Rodent behavior and habits must be understood in order to effectively control rodent populations in your home.
Some frightful facts about rodents
- When a mouse is six weeks old, she can reproduce.
- Among rodents, the house mouse is by far the most common.
- Between 10,000 and 15,000 offspring can be produced by a pair of mice in a year
- 12 months is the maximum lifespan of mice
- A rat can live to be two years old and eat up to 100 pounds of food in its lifetime. A rat’s palate is unique, and he or she may waste more food than they consume. Brown rats, on the other hand, will eat anything they can get their hands on, while black rats are pickier about what they eat. They can ruin an entire meal package by leaving the food on the floor or by having their pee on it to mark their territory.
- Rats can defecate up to 60 times a day and will urinate to mark their territory. This attracts other rodents to your home, and they may carry diseases.
Where do they call home?
Walls and ceilings are home to them as well as sours or other contaminated areas. Do not underestimate them, as they can easily find shelter under floors, cabinets, sewers and even in garbage heaps. Wherever they feel safe, they tend to settle down.
Does that make you nervous? The presence of a rat in your home is a sign of a greater danger. Take immediate action. Your home could be saved from an uncontrollable rodent population with the help of a pest control firm. These professionals will also help you with wasps removal Melbourne services.
In what ways can rodent activity be detected?
- When the sun goes down, they become more active.
- Their black and moist droppings are readily apparent.
- Your pet’s food has disappeared several times.
- Visible damage to furniture and food containers caused by gnawing insects
- Rodents have left greasy marks on the walls.
Preventative measures are the most effective way to keep rodent populations under control. Check out these preventative measures for rodent control in Melbourne.
- Do not let them into your home through the sewage system.
- Stop them from getting food, dispose of leftovers properly, and use waste bins with tight-fitting lids.
- Ensure that rats cannot access water in your house.
- Dispose of all the clutter to keep them out.
- Regularly clean your home
- Feed your pets as soon as they’re hungry.
Rats and mice can be a nuisance and can spread disease. Public enemy number one. A rat or mouse in your home should be dealt with as soon as possible. Those clever pests must be kept at bay with pest control services.