If you take a quick scroll through Netflix, you’ll find a hundred movies and shows about high-schoolers finding love. And while Noah Centineo’s quest for love makes binge-worthy weekend viewing, how do you know if you’re ready to take the plunge yourself?
How do I know if I’m ready for a relationship?
Whether you’ve got your heart set on someone, you’re newly single or you’re looking for your first relationship, this is a question worth asking yourself. There are many reasons why people couple-up, but making sure you’re doing it for the right ones is important. Try asking yourself these five questions:
- Do I want someone special to share my life with, or am I just lonely or bored?
- Am I comfortable and happy enough in myself to share my life with someone?
- Do I feel pressure (from friends or family) to jump into a relationship?
- Have I met the right person?
- Do I have the time to give my attention to someone else?
There are no right or wrong answers to these questions, but they’ll give you a sense of where you’re at and whether a relationship is right for you.
What if I’m not ready?
Relationships can be great, but they’re not for everyone all of the time. Just because you’re not ready now doesn’t mean you won’t be one day. Take it slow, stay in tune with your needs and wants, and have fun being single.
If you’re feeling the pressure to jump into a relationship before you’re ready, remember that this is your decision to make, not someone else’s. You’ve gotta do what’s right for you. If you’re feeling pushed, it’s okay to set boundaries and tell people to give you some space. Focus your energy on things you enjoy, spend time with people who make you feel good, and don’t sweat it – you’ll know when and if you’re ready.
What if I am ready?
If you’re feeling comfortable and empowered to dip your toe in the pool of love, there are a few important things to remember:
- You are the most important person in any relationship. Take care of yourself first and foremost, and keep checking in to make sure a relationship is what you want and that you’re in the right one for you.
- Nothing is forever, so if you change your mind that’s totally cool.
- Communication is key to making relationships work. Whether you’re casually dating or in a serious relationship, make sure you communicate your needs, wants and boundaries with whoever you’re with.
- Have fun! Dating and relationships can sometimes be stressful and complex, but ultimately you should be having a good time. Take the pressure off yourself and enjoy the company of your partner.
- Even if you’ve found your special someone, remember that friends are always important. Check in regularly with your close friends and make time for the things you’ve always enjoyed doing together.
Whether you’ve been hit by Cupid’s arrow or are still figuring out what’s right for you, take care of yourself and enjoy!
For more on this topic – https://datingsidekick.com/steve-jabba/