TALENTED NEW ZEALAND SINGER / SONG-WRITER: GEORGIA LINES DELIVERS NEW POP/DISCO INSPIRED TRACK: ‘MADE FOR LOVING’
TITLE: MADE FOR LOVING
ARTIST: GEORGIA LINES
EP: GEORGIA LINES
RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 21, 2020
VIDEO RELEASE DAT: AUGUST 21, 2020
NEW ZEALAND ARTIST
- Stunning vocals by talented NZ Artist Georgia Lines
- Georgia Lines won the ‘Women’s Musicianship Award’ at Smokefree Rockquest in 2014
- Georgia Lines performed at ‘Rhythm & Vines’ and has supported: Alae, Hollie Smith, Avalanche City & more
- Follow up-to debut single: ‘Vacant Cities’ & ‘Never Had Love’
- Georgia Lines has 1 Million + Spotify streams on her debut EP ‘Georgia Lines’
- Georgia Lines has teamed up with Creative Director: Cam Neate to create the ’70s inspired themed video for the NEW release: ‘Made for Loving’
- Written and recorded in the space of two days in Houston, Texas with Abel Orta Jr (while collaborating via FaceTime with musical cohort Josh Turner)
Born and raised in Mount Maunganui, Georgia Lines’ musical story began with a Rockquest win in 2014. In the last year since the release of debut single, Vacant Cities, Georgia has appeared in over 10 major playlists across the globe, rolled out a single distribution deal in the UK and has amassed well over 1 million Spotify streams and climbing for her debut EP release.
For new single release ‘Made for Loving’ Georgia Lines has joined forces with the director, photographer and creative director Cam Neate, to produce a visual feast for the ’70s inspired, Made For Loving, a stand out track from Georgia’s self-titled debut EP.
Shot on Super-8 film to capture the nostalgic feel of the single, Made For Loving is Georgia’s third visual partnership with Cam, who has previously directed the videos for Georgia’s debut single, Vacant Cities, plus follow up single, Never Had Love. Georgia elaborates on the video;
“The concept is super simple and actually less about a storyline, but it really delivers an abstract yet romantic feel, particularly through the use of Super 8 film. It leans into some classic romantic symbolism, which was styled by a good friend of mine, Lizzie Turner. As a video, it couples perfectly with ‘Made for Loving,’ the song I wrote as a reaction to getting engaged. I am so thrilled that this track has found its visual match, it’s a very special song to me.”
Written and recorded in the space of two days in Houston, Texas with Abel Orta Jr (while collaborating via FaceTime with musical cohort Josh Turner, who is based in Mount Maunganui), Made For Loving is Georgia’s testament to trusting her gut, throwing caution to the wind and taking the plunge into unknown territory. With limited studio time left during the last days of the EP record and a split decision to seize the moment and create something new, that pressure has produced a disco-inspired diamond which shows yet another dimension to Georgia’s singing and songwriting ability.
Expect to see Georgia’s levelled-up songwriting confidence and willingness to take risks to underpin her next collection of tracks, which are currently incubating for a 2021 release, thanks to an NZ On Air project funding grant.
Made For Loving, and Georgia Lines’ self-titled debut EP is available now through all streaming platforms.