“Is it time to legalise or decriminalise drugs?”
Due to incredible interest in this mega panel discussion about drugs, there are only 70 tickets left, so don’t miss out and get your ticket now.
We are trying to move to a larger venue but there are no guarantees so reserve your ticket today for this groundbreaking event at the Melbourne town hall on September 9th @ 6:30 pm.
Join ABC Radio host Jon Faine lead an expert panel of community leaders and public figures, for a no-holds-barred discussion about drug policy.
- Derryn Hinch – Media personality, ex-politician and journalist
- Julian Burnside AO – QC, human rights lawyer and Greens candidate
- Laura Turner – Channel Nine Senior Reporter & Odyssey House Ambassador
- Mick Palmer AO – Former Australian Federal Police Commissioner
- Fiona Patten – Politician and head of Parliamentary Cannabis Inquiry
- Greg Barns – Australian barrister, author, political commentator
- Antony Loewenstein – Best-selling author and journalist
Laura Turner, Channel Nine Senior Reporter will tell her story of personal loss due to the war on drugs.
Antony Loewenstein, the internationally bestselling author will speak about legalising and regulating drugs, the premise of his new book, Pills, Powder, and Smoke: Inside the Bloody War on Drugs.
There will also be an audience Q&A, book sales, book signing and information tables from Australia’s leading Alcohol and Other Drug NGOs, including the Alcohol and Drug Foundation, Victoria Street Drug Solutions, Odyssey House and many others.
Here’s what Johann Hari, Author of Chasing the Scream says about the book, “Antony Loewenstein is an amazing journalist. Anyone who cares about the war on drugs should read this book right away.”
Join us at the Town Hall for a fascinating insight into an urgent issue.
More information available on Drug Policy Australia website.
Call me on 03 90173777 or email if you’d like to know more.
Greg Chipp and Dr John Sherman