Environmental pollution is a growing concern all around the world, as it is the leading cause of many health hazards for all living beings on earth. Natural resources are getting polluted, making them unfit for use thereby depleting their supply all across the world. Due to this many aware people are opting for environment-friendly products and services, that can help reduce the strain on the environment.
Some of the products which are considered very harmful to the environment are plastic bags, disposable cutlery, and other similar products made from plastic as it takes more than 300 years to degrade. To combat this worsening situation companies and people are now adopting natural alternatives such as biodegradable compost bags, which are a natural and more environmentally friendly alternative.
Biodegradable materials are defined as materials that can easily and safely breakdown into natural compounds. They are usually planted or animal-based and do not contain any harmful additives, chemicals, or preservatives.
Biodegradable compost bags are a better extension of biodegradable bags. They break down within 90 days and release carbon dioxide, water, biomass, and other inorganic compounds naturally, unlike plain biodegradable which have no definite time span to merge back with the environment.
The difference between biodegradable and compostable bags:
Biodegradable and compostable are two words that are often used interchangeably when talking about recycling but there is a substantial difference between the two. While all compostable bags are biodegradable, not all biodegradable bags are compostable. Some of the biodegradable bags leave behind a metallic residue.
Compostable bags on the other hand merge completely with nature and produce compost known as hummus that is very beneficial for growing plants. The nutrients present in humus help plants and trees grown better and even produce better fruits and flowers.
Some of the bags available in the market nowadays are designed and fabricated as biodegradable compost bags, so that you can compost them and use them as a natural fertilizer for your plants.
Benefits associated with biodegradable compost bags:
- The bags break down easily into natural inorganic compounds and merge back with the earth quite easily.
- They are completely environment friendly and do not cause pollution in any form.
- They are manufactured using natural resources and materials without the addition of any chemicals.
- Biodegradable compost bags are easy to recycle.
- They do not need to be sent to a dump yard for storage and incarnation, as they can be used for composting anywhere.
- They help in the reduction of waste accumulation at landfills, subsequently lowering the release of toxic gases and chemicals.
- They do not require any special treatment process for break down.
- They are not harmful to pets and other animal life if ingested accidentally by them.
- They do not pollute the oceans and rivers, where plastic pollution is a major problem and areas of concern.
- They help reduce the pollution caused by plastic bags, which ultimately end up in landfills and need to be burned.
- The compost generated from these bags can be used as a 100% natural fertilizer for plants and trees. It is a totally organic fertilizer that helps plants grow well.
Help reduce environmental pollution by using biodegradable compost bags:
As nations and legislations are making strict rules to handle the growing environmental pollution, every citizen no matter which country he or she belongs to needs to do their bit to preserve the planet earth. One alternative that all of us can easily adopt is the use of biodegradable compost bags. Choosing high-quality biodegradable compost bags benefits to nature. Biodegradable compost bags not only are these bags made from natural resources but they also return to their natural form and benefit the environment once disposed of.