Electrical maintenance is an essential aspect that keeps all the electrical installations, fittings, appliances of your property running in their optimum efficiency. It ensures that every electricity-powered item in your home is running smoothly creating a safe environment for you and your loved ones. The maintenance involves diagnosing of any technical fault, regular servicing, repairing them with utmost efficiency.
There are mainly 3 types of electrical maintenance:
- Preventive maintenance: Coming to what preventive maintenance can be defined with, it falls under one of the vital aspects of the electrical maintenance that involves scheduled inspection, testing, and maintenance of critical electrical components. Preventive maintenance is used to sustain a certain level of service on equipment to remove any immediate faults from it. It ensures that no vital equipment breaks down in between suddenly without a warning. It is used as a systematic character where regular inspections are held even when the equipment has a problem.
- Corrective maintenance: Corrective electrical maintenance aims at correcting the defects that are found to be present in any electrical equipment.
- Predictive Maintenance: This maintenance process assists in reporting the active status and the capacity of operation of an entire installation. Sometimes, it becomes extremely important for the physical variables to be identified with predictive maintenance. This is the most technical maintenance and requires an advanced level of technical knowledge and resources.
- Periodic maintenance: Periodic maintenance, also known as Time based maintenance (TBM) is the basic maintenance that the user makes on an equipment and consists of a series of tasks that are elementary in nature that do not require any specialized or extensive training. A few examples of such tasks would be, collecting data, visual inspection, lubrication, re-tightening of screws, cleaning, etc. periodic electrical maintenance is based on total productive maintenance or TPM.
- Zero Hours Maintenance (Overhaul): This type of electrical maintenance requires a set of tasks whose objective is to review the equipment at regularly scheduled intervals even before any signs of any problem or even a failure appears. This is performed by letting the equipment return to zero hours of operation, i.e., a state where the equipment is like new.
Importance performing regular electrical maintenance in a proper and timely manner:
An electrical accident can lead to serious and even fatal injuries that can be avoided only with regular electrical maintenance checking. Apart from the injuries, electrical mishaps may even end up costing you a lot of money due to defects or faults that could have been avoided entirely with early detection with electrical maintenance.
Listed below are four points where timely and proper electrical maintenance ensures home safety:
- Keeping the heating ventilation and air conditioning working at optimum efficiency in your property. A malfunctioning HVAC system is not only responsible for an uncomfortable indoor condition but can also give rise to allergies, fungal infections and other ailments. A timely scheduled electrical maintenance for all its components will ensure an efficient HVAC system all year long.
- Outdoor lighting contributes a lot towards your home safety. By ensuring well-lit porches and walkways at night, you can deter thieves and burglars from entering your property. Proper and regular electrical maintenance is therefore essential to ensure proper functioning of all the light fixtures, bulbs at your home.
- When it comes to electrical maintenance and electrical equipment, never try to do it yourself no matter how tempting it may seem unless you are a licensed expert yourself. An electrical DIY project gone wrong can result in injuries that might even go worse and turn fatal. Ensure keeping all your electric systems maintained so that you never have to attempt to do it yourself by scheduling regular electrical maintenance.
- Fire hazards due to an electrical short-circuit can be avoided entirely with regular and timely electrical maintenance.
So always ensure your home safety with regularly and scheduled electrical maintenance by licensed experts only and live peacefully at your safe and happy home with your loved ones.